Belgrade – old and new era
Duration: 3-4 hours (by coach and on foot)
The building of the present day New Belgrade started 1948, but actually in the period between two world wars it was the place of the first fair of Belgrade.
The first works were taken by the youth work brigades; there were more then 100 000 workers and engineers from all parts of Yugoslavia. Workers didn’t have proper machines so almost all were done by their hands. One of the first buildings to be built was the present day Palace of Serbia, with a surface of around 80 000 square meters. And later, step by step, were built almost all of the most important features of this part of the city such as Genex Tower, Kombank Arena, Congress Centre SAVA, …
Then, the way bring us to Dedinje, one of the most richest part of the city, where are located many embassies and diplomatic residences.
The next stop is the Church of St Sava, one of the biggest temples of the orthodox world and then we will come to the Park and Fortress Kalemegdan, where we make a stroll with nice views of the both rivers in Belgrade, the Sava and the Danube, and its confluence.
Some of the sights: Palace of Serbia, Kombank arena, Dedinje, Museum “25th of May”, Church of St Sava, Prince Milos Street, Parliament of Serbia, Belgrade’s City Hall, Terazije Square, Square of the Republic, Park and Fortress Kalemegdan…